Who doesn’t crave a chocolate bar as a dessert at the end of the day or a cup of hot chocolate to lower stress? That’s right, this rich food has soothing properties, but what other benefits can we find in it? Next time you’re having a get together, opt for dessert buffets Northbrook. Not only will it be delicious, but you can also tell everyone about all these benefits.
1. Chocolate is obtained by mixing sugar with the seed and cocoa butter, which is known to be an antioxidant ingredient.
2. The main substances of which chocolate is composed are: theobromine, caffeine, phenylethylamine, anandamide, polyphenols such as flavonols, lipids, proteins, vitamin B1, phosphorus, calcium, among others.
3. Epicatechin, a polyphenol, has a cardioprotective effect: it promotes blood circulation, increases the elasticity of arterial walls, reduces blood pressure, as well as the formation of atherosclerotic plaques, raises good HDL cholesterol, and improves resistance to insulin.
4. Helps the development of bones and teeth, transports oxygen to the body, provides energy, and helps the creation of new cells
5. Because of its antioxidant activity it has a positive impact on brain functioning and memory; against dementia and Alzheimer’s.
6. It acts against the hormone cortisol to lower stress, and this effect also occurs because it reduces blood pressure.
7. It has a photoprotective action on the skin by reducing the damage caused by the sun and free radicals.
8. Dark or bitter chocolate for its antioxidants minimizes the appearance of signs of aging such as wrinkles.
9. It helps reduce water loss, promote the formation of collagen, and therefore contributes to cell hydration for a firmer and smoother skin.
10. Improves blood flow in the hair follicles for more growth of stronger and brighter hair.